If you are looking to start a blog or already have one, it is perfectly normal to look to make money with it. We saw in a previous article that affiliation was a good method to earn money with your blog. You may have opted for affiliation?
This is indeed the royal road to blogging and earning money at the same time. This article is used precisely to explain concretely how it works.
So, what is the affiliation with a blog?
Affiliation is about being “affiliated”, or “related” to a business or brand. That is, a business that sells services or goods can have many affiliates. Their jobs therefore consist in selling, indirectly or not, the products or services of this same company.
If you already know the principle of sponsorship, know that it is very close in operation. You just need to share your referral link to get a commission (for example) if someone has used your link. Well, it’s pretty much the same with affiliate.
In general, when you make an affiliation, you get an affiliate link from a company. It is when a person clicks and / or buys having first clicked on this link, that the affiliate is paid a commission. So much for the simple explanation of what affiliation is in principle.
How do you earn money with membership?
Ah, that’s what interests you, isn’t it? There are different ways to earn money for membership . The best known of all is the commission on sales, but there are also other ways to earn money with membership. Here are the three main forms of membership compensation.
- The Pay-per-sale: Recover a percentage of the sales made with your link. It is therefore the most famous form. For example, platforms like Amazon use this system. It can be the most concrete and the surest form. The more you sell a product, the more commission you earn on it. The commission percentages are higher or lower depending on the affiliate program and the company.
- Pay-per-lead: It was a very common method before the arrival of Amazon in fact. Some companies do, however. There, no matter if your affiliate buys a service or not, you are paid for the simple fact of having made him know the company. That is to say, the company pays you for bringing it back a lead and a prospect. Typically, if someone fills out a business form through your link, you’ve just sent a lead. So the company you are affiliated with pays you for it. These are not commissions but fixed prices for each lead brought.
- Pay-per-click: The method of being paid by bringing traffic. It’s a bit the same as with the previous method except that there, the quality of the prospect is not absolutely required. What matters to the site and to the company is to receive traffic. In fact, it is an affiliate method that is tending to disappear. This was very common in the early days of the web where what mattered to many companies was pure visibility. In addition, it is not much sought after by affiliates because it is low paying. Count less than a euro per click …
How to place your affiliate links?
Of course, an affiliate link being a URL, it is on the internet that it happens. If you have a blog, for example, this is the royal road. You will be able to put affiliate links in your articles and even in your images.
In fact, the affiliate link has some sort of tracking code. It is your unique bond. This is how the company you are affiliating with will know that “buyers” or “prospects” have come through your link.
Often times an affiliate link is a combination of the site with your affiliate name. Typically it looks like this: http://entrepriselamdba.com/travailnomad. You see, it’s not rocket science.
Sometimes these are longer, encrypted links. In this case, it is to use sites that shorten links as adfly or cutt.ly .
Where to find affiliate programs?
This is indeed the first thing you need to do if you want to earn money with affiliate marketing. The first thing to do is find an affiliate program that is in your field and that remains interesting to you.
In fact, there are two ways to find affiliate programs.
➡️ You go through centralized platforms: which brings together thousands of companies that make affiliation. In this case, it is very easy to manage your affiliate links and programs. Everything will therefore be centralized on the same platform. Likewise, often, your compensation will be paid via this same platform. You do not have direct access to companies that make affiliation. You therefore go through this affiliate platform which acts as an intermediary.
Here are some major sites that centralize affiliate programs:
- Awin (one of the best known, you will definitely find a brand you want to work with – to be affiliated with).
- Affilae (A very famous international platform too).
- RakutenMarketing (Very useful if you are in a field related to fashion or beauty, for example).
- Adpump (number 1 in the USA, ideal for making affiliation with applications, gaming sites, banking and insurance sites, etc.)
When you register on one of the platforms, you have access to all advertisers (companies that therefore seek to ‘advertise’ their offers and services. When you are an affiliate, you are therefore a “publishers”, the one who publishes And, on those platforms, you will have access to all the advertisers’ offers, so it’s very easy to see which programs are right for you.
Each advertiser / company indicates their affiliate model. You will also have access to the banners, images of the products that the company sells and that you can use in turn.
In addition, the advantage of using these platforms is the fact that you can follow your performance and your tracking easily.
➡️ You go through direct affiliation:
Lots of companies have their own affiliate programs. These companies – in general – quite large do not go through the platforms described above. Among these companies, we find:
- Amazon (the most famous, but which has very low commission rates).
- And many other companies and brands on the internet.
There, to do this, the ideal would be to search according to your theme, the companies which interests you the most. Generally, it is enough to register on the site to have access to your affiliate area.
In this case, often the affiliation is similar to sponsorship. Whatever name you choose, it’s always the same principle. You are paid if we click on your link.
The biggest advantage of going directly through a platform is the fact that you often have a bigger commission. This makes sense since the affiliation is done directly, without an intermediary.
Tip: To find out if a business that you like has affiliated, just search on google : Business name + affiliate . You will then have the affiliate page for your business.
If the company in question does not (yet) have an affiliate program, take the opportunity to suggest a partnership with you. Businesses are always open to gaining more customers, trust me.
What are the advantages of membership?
The benefits of membership are numerous. Here is the list of the main advantages of making money with affiliate.
- Membership generates passive income . In other words, your links only need to be placed once to continuously generate money. So if your article ranks very well, for example, then your affiliate link will get a lot of traffic, without you having to work on it. In fact, you win completely passively, by being worked only once, upstream.
- Membership does not require an initial financial investment . This is also what explains why a lot of people get started in affiliation. This allows you to generate money without having to start a business. A simple blog will suffice. And, as you know, starting a blog can cost around twenty dollars.
- No need to create an affiliate product or service. Clearly that is a huge benefit. You don’t create your own products. In fact, you don’t have a factory or anything. You are, in effect, the salesperson who earns commissions on sales. No need to manage inventory, delivery or anything. You have the advantages of an entrepreneur without the problems that go with the business.
- It’s very easy to set up once you understand how it works . If for example you choose the blog to attract traffic then you will be able to build your affiliate system very quickly.
- You combine the useful with the pleasant . Yes, often when we do affiliation, we refer to our audience products or services that we really like. It is therefore a great way to promote a useful product / service, while being paid for it.
Conclusion: Can you really make money with affiliate blogging?
It is quite possible to earn money with affiliate. The principle is indeed very simple. Having said that, it can take some time to set up. Of course, you can send affiliate links to your friends and relatives, but you won’t be able to raise capital with that. It’s clear. To generate a comfortable income, it will take to create a real small business around it. Typically, having a blog is a great way to build affiliation.
However, it is not only with affiliation, Finally, making money with affiliation does not require financial investment, but investment of time.
Indeed, what matters to make affiliation is to have an audience. This is the only thing it takes to make an affiliation. The more qualified and targeted your audience, the more effective your affiliations will be. However, having an audience takes time and requires coherent and structured work.
Indeed, to have this audience, you will need to create a relevant blog. Whether it’s a blog, a specific social network, a Youtube channel or whatever, the most important – again – is that you have a targeted audience. In other words, making money with blogging takes some work. Moreover, before embarking on affiliation, the most important thing is to find an excellent area in which you can really make a difference. Basically, to make money with affiliate, you will first need to create a good blog. A good affiliate will first be a good blogger who will seek to create relevant content. Membership goes after, and not the other way around.
And you? Are You Using Affiliate To Make Money From Your Blog? I would be frankly curious to know!
Christmas is around the corner and the best gift for any occasion is a Rubik’s Cube that you can easily solve with this cube puzzle tutorial.